In this social distancing period, you might have made most of your preferred vegan dishes, and might want to prepare something new. We have compiled a list of two plant-based recipes for those who are becoming slightly tired of their usual menu. Include these in your vegan recipe archive and bring new flavors to your monotonous cooking routine.
Walnut Basil Pasta
It takes just half an hour to make this delicious and hearty plant-based pasta.
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 sliced red onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 big tomatoes in diced form
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of sundried tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of ocean salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- A handful of new basil leaves
- 6 ounces of spaghetti without gluten or your preferred pasta
- 2 pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- Halved cherry tomatoes
Fry the garlic and the onions in coconut oil for 5 minutes in a big enough saucepan. Add the diced tomatoes, the chopped nuts, both tomato pastes, Italian seasoning, and salt to it, and prepare for another 5 minutes. Take the pan from the heat source and include the basil leaves in it. Then, put the cooked components and the dates in a blender, and press its pulse button to operate it until you achieve the preferred plant-based food consistency. After that, include the sauce in the prepared pasta, and garnish it with the halved tomatoes and the basil leaves.
Avocado Bean Burgers
Using flaxseeds and a smoky spice blend will make these burgers similar in taste to their non-vegan version.
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- One 15-ounce canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium-sized avocado
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion
- 3/4 cup of oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (not compulsory)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
Blend the water and flaxseed, and put the mixture aside to allow it to become thick. Mash the avocado and beans in a mixing bowl, leaving a few of the beans in their whole form. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix these by stirring. Divide the mixture into 4, shape each into patties and cook for 40 minutes with 190°C temperature, turning over the burgers midway through.